Tumblr

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Target's New Project

I'm here to fill you in on some possible life changing news I heard about last week. Not only life changing but closet changing. Though it's early and Fall is a whole season away I feel compelled to share the amazing news. My best friends and I, for the past year or two have had a tradition. The tradition is to research, stalk, save, wake up early in the morning, and catch bus to the nearest target for... DESIGNER COLLABORATIONS! Now that might sound crazy but Target has some of the best collaborations with some of the most lusted after designers, and most are priced so well you'd be a fool to pass up. And honey, mama didn't raise no fool. So last week I'm scrolling through Instagram and I see something new Target has up it's genius sleeves, two words.. Joseph Altuzarra a luxury women's ready-to-wear designer. Now, if his name isn't familiar I know his clothing is. Rihanna wore the look on the left to the Roc Nation Pre-Grammy Brunch, Lana Del Ray was dressed in Altuzarra for the 2012 Met Gala, and Lea Michele wore this gold gown to the 2014 Met Gala.


“As a designer, I believe firmly in the transformative power of fashion. It has the ability to not only change how you look, but also how you feel. I’ve admired the elegance that Target brings to fast fashion. By working together on this capsule collection, we hope to instill a sense of power, confidence and beauty in women everywhere.” 

That quote alone gave me shivers, but when I heard the price range I couldn't believe it, the 50 piece collection hitting U.S./Canada stores and online, September 14th, will range in prices from $18-$90 dollars, how amazing is that? The collection will include clothing, lingerie, shoes and accessories. I know me and my girls can't wait to hit the store at 8 a.m. on September 14th but since this is a ways away I have a little treat for you. Click here to view a quick video for the collaboration and start marking your calendars.