Tumblr

Monday, June 16, 2014

Taking Flight

Once again let us give a round of applause for Yeezy teaching us yet again. I am first to give credit where it is due and it is Mr. West who has made me love a nice bomber jacket (aka flight jacket, aka pilot jacket). The flight jacketbomber jacket, or pilot jacket refers to a garment originally created for pilots, but eventually became apart of the fashion world mostly due to Hip Hop influences. Around the end of my elementary school years the style went from HOT to NOT, but currently the style has turned a new leaf. Celebrities like Kim Kardashian West, Olivia Palermo, Kanye West, Rihanna and bloggers Karla from Karla's Closet and Colombine Smille of colombinesmille.com, as well as others, have all been spotted in this style of jacket from designers such as Givenchy, Fear of God and Acne Studios. 


During my search for the perfect bomber, I found a few that wouldn't break the bank but by far my favorite and most affordable was H&M's Pilot Jacket. The jacket is available in black and navy blue and most importantly is on sale for $15! A few days ago I purchased the blue one myself. Black is always a trusty color but personally, I like the idea of a grey, green, or navy in this type of jacket. Below are a few other jackets that I loved.

Men's:

Women's: