Tumblr

Saturday, August 29, 2015

My Essentials Updated

I felt like sharing some new and old loves that help me get through the day with you guys. I'm very into lipsticks and mascaras, finding the best and most beautiful shades for me and the right mascara to lift and plump my lashes is such a thrill for me. I do so much research before I purchase it's kinda ridiculous, you'd think I was about to drop a million dollars on a tube or something. 

But a new lipstick that I ordered is one of Lime Crime's Velvetine Liquid-To-Matte Lipsticks. I chose the color "Cashmere" (pictured) after looking at hundreds of Instagram posts and YouTube videos about the product. Let me first say the packaging was adorable and it smells like cake batter! Second, applying it was so easy since it goes on as a gloss and then turns matte in a few seconds. Keep in mind my lips are brown naturally so the color came up less of a nude and more of a grey/lilac color which I love. 

I'm also very invested in daily cleansers and acne solutions and I'll let you guys know what I'v been using in a future post, but the purpose of that was to turn the focus on the BB cream I use while going through my anti-acne treatment. It's Mac's Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35 in "Dark". This BB cream gives my skin the little lift that I need sometimes. It doesn't give me complete coverage which I like because I try to look natural. It's also thicker than BB creams I've used before which causes less shine, a smoother application and more coverage than I have had before.

Last is an old love that still stands strong as my favorite mascara so far, Benefit's "They're Real". My aunt actually thought I was wearing lashes and I think that's what every girl wants in a mascara.