Tumblr

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

The wedding tradition for the wife to wear "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue" really has nothing to do with this post because I'm not a bride. But it also does have something to do with the post because one, it's clever, and two, I'm wearing something old (the shorts), something new (my shoes), something borrowed (my earrings) and something blue (my shirt/shoes). So I thought it was pretty cute and clever. What I didn't know was what this tradition really represented, so I found out. 

Something old represents continuity; something new offers optimism for the future; something borrowed symbolizes borrowed happiness; something blue stands for purity, love, and fidelity. After reading the meaning I say everyone incorporates these aspects in their wardrobe daily because we all need a little bit of what each item represents- wedding or not. 

So for this look I was going for something comfortable and I wanted to be very matchy-matchy which usually can come off as anything but fashionable but not in my book. Plus everything felt like pajamas, these shorts probably are supposed to be pajamas but what the heck? So blue stripes were my motif, can you tell?









Shirt | Similar 
Pajama Style Shorts | Similar
Shoes | Steve Madden